Here's what you need:
- Clean plastic mayo/peanut butter/sturdy plastic jar with screw-top lid. Not too big, because you'll be shaking it with your hands.
- Stainless steel tumbling shot (mixed, all-purpose). You can purchase something similar on Amazon here: 1 Lb 1/8" Stainless Steel Tumbling Media Shot Jewelers Mix 4 Shapes Tumbler Finishing
|Mixed stainless steel shot.|
- Blue Dawn dishwashing liquid soap.
Here's what you do with your homemade jewelry tumbler:
- Put shot in the jar about 2/3 of the way in. Put a little dishwashing liquid in with the shot and water to cover in the jar.
- Wire your silver pieces together (so they are easier to fish out) and drop them in the jar.
- Shake, shake, shake! Give it a good shake for a few minutes. Remove your pieces, rinse well.
- Don't forget to dry your shot thoroughly when done. I like to spread it out across a towel.
Another great alternative is to take some tupperware and use that if you don't have a clean plastic jar. It leaks a little when you shake, so be careful!
|Blue Dawn soap and a tupperware-style container as your tumbler. I have 1 lb of shot in there!|